Popular Posts

3/17/2011

Be Kind Mission Day Fourteen


My husband's alarm clock went off at 5:00 am, because I had to be at my gate at the Charlotte Airport at 6:45 am.

He brought in the coffee, as I got ready. We ate canteloupe for breakfast, and headed towards the airport. It was a beautiful Winter day, yet close to Spring-St. Patricks Day!

I was working the flight to Louisville, Kentucky. I was working with a very nice young lady named India...yes, India. My favorite country-where I worked in 2005 to help with tsunami relief work! She and I were getting along great, and chatting up a storm when we worked.

As we did the beverage service, an Indian woman was reading a book called, "The India Calling." Oh, what a great flight, I thought to myself-all this India reminder! I loved India!

As my new friend India and I chatted about India, India went to collect trash. As she did, one woman said, "Who are you and the other flight attendant gossiping about?!"

What?! My new friend India said, "We weren't gossiping, we were having a conversation."

When India came back to the galley to tell me what she said, I was completely horrified! I wanted to go punch her! The nerve of her judgment towards us! What does that lady want, for India and I to be enemies or something? If two flight attendants talk now a days, does the message come accross like we are gossiping?!

Not all flight attendants are gossips!

I wanted to go yell at her.

I thought to myself, "I have to be kind to her when she exits the aircraft?!" What would Mother Teresa do?


Quote:

"Take time to think, to pray, to laugh." Mother Teresa

-Oh, the humor of it all. The fact that just because two flight attendant's were actually getting along, and talking she thought we were gossiping! Ha. Ha. Ha!!!!!- I wish I had that attitude when it actually happened, instead of waiting to research what my heroin would do!

No comments: