Popular Posts

5/16/2011

Be Kind Mission Day Twenty One

Be Kind Mission:
Suddenly, without warning, we had an hour delay. This would cut into our evening sleep and rest.
Wonder why flight attendants ever look so tired?!
So, as the passengers sat on our air craft, murmuring and complaining about this delay-it happened.
My co-worker flight attendant took kindness charge! I can certainly learn a lesson!
She grabbed the microphone and announced with glee, “Ladies and gentlemen, I realize that each one of you came onto this aircraft grumbling and complaining. We realize you don’t want this delay, and neither do we! –“ (people start laughing, and she continues,) “we are going to give you some cookies, and some drinks. Relax people, it’s a thunderstorm and we can’t control the weather. Plus, I’m going thru menopause, so I don’t want any murmuring, grumbling, or complaining on my flight. I’ve gotta work til midnight now, and this cuts into our sleep!”
I, and everyone else, laughed so incredibly loud and hard. The Captain in the flight deck heard all the laughter.
There is a psychology in handling people. This flight attendant became very popular amongst the crowd. We began to hand out cookies, water, and cokes to the passengers. We told jokes, and walked around the cabin as if we knew these people forever.
She was kind to passengers in the midst of an uncomfortable situation.
She did not allow others attitudes to steal her kind attitude.
Somehow, I bet, this is what Mother Teresa would do.
“Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier. Be the living expression of God's kindness: kindness in your face, kindness in your eyes, kindness in your smile.”Mother Teresa

No comments: