Popular Posts

2/23/2011

Be Kind Mission Day Five

Tuesday February 22, 2011

Flight Charlotte to Norfolk Virginia

It was my fifth day of being on reserve, working four 14 hour days, and getting up at 4:00 am for the fifth day in a row. Needless to say, I was exhausted, worn out and frazzeled!

Scheduling had originally put me on a different schedule, but then when I was in the bathroom in Gainesville, Florida they said I would be working the flight to Norfolk upon my return to Charlotte. We landed in Charlotte late and I ran to the gate. I had not eaten in many hours, and the flight was ready to board. I went to grab some 3.00 chicken tenders at Burger King, and ran back to board the flight to Norfolk.

People weren't happy because the flight was delayed. When we were about to land in Norfolk many people started hitting their green flight attendant call button. I answered each passenger about their connecting flight with a smile and compassion in my voice. One lady, who had two beautiful daughters, rang her button. I made my way quickly to her, and she said, "My daughters are peeing in their pants."

Ugh.

I began to help them, and then I helped her children to the bathroom. As I made my way back to the bathroom, many angry passengers also wanted to know about their connecting flights.

I was kind to everyone of them, even though it was hard.

When we landed in Norfolk a gentleman approached me and said, "I want your name and employee nummber. I heard you got up at 4:00 am and now it is 5:00 pm. You have been kind to every single passenger today and we appreciate it. Your manager needs to know!"

Ah, finally, maybe I'm learning something about being kind-and it paid off!

Quotea "We ourselves feel that what we are doing is just a drop in the ocean. But the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
~Mother Teresa

The miracle is not that we do this work, but that we are happy to do it.
~Mother Teresa

Don't wait for leaders; do it alone, person to person.
~Mother Teresa

No comments: