Popular Posts

2/18/2011

Be Kind Mission

BeKindMission/Mother Teresa/LauraAnn 365 days of kindness
February 17, 2011 Introduction
Kindness is a lost art. It has faded with time. Yet, kindness is worth gold. There is an old proverb that says, “A kind word is like apples of gold in settings of silver.”
Mother Teresa has always been my heroin. As a little girl I was fascinated by her kindness. It was my mother who wrote often on my bathroom mirror, “Be kind to everyone.” Mother Teresa drove the value home.
Yet, somewhere down the time line, I lost the art of kindness. Perhaps it is because after traveling the world as a missionary, I realized the truth that people aren’t kind. It is in the moments where people aren’t kind that makes it quite challenging to be kind to others.
Mother Teresa was kind even when others weren’t kind to her. She is our example in this blog for the next 365 days.
I spent five years traveling from Mongolia to India. Now, I am a flight attendant with PSA airlines. It was easy to be kind to a Mongolian orphan. It is more challenging to be kind to someone when they are on your aircraft lying to your face, or worse, lying to your manager with you standing right there.
I have only been a flight attendant for two months, and have made it my personal mission to be kind to everyone for 365 days-even those not nice to me. I will let Mother Teresa be my inspiration, and let God give me the strength for this mission.
Quote “If you are humble, nothing will touch you, neither praise nor disgrace, because you will know who you are.”
Mother Teresa

No comments: