Popular Posts

2/22/2011

Be Kind Mission Day Four

Monday February 22 2011

Flight Washington DC to Nashville

We boarded the plane and then passengers had to sit there while we waited for ten more passengers. It was quite early, and people were beginning to get annoyed.

I made several announcements, as I was told by the gate agent what was happening.

Finally, we took off! After doing my beverage service, I began to have very needy passengers on the aircraft. I worked my tail off.

One gentleman rang his flight attendant call button and as I was running back to his seat, a lady stopped me in the aisle. "I'm cold." She says this and is wearing a long coat, turtleneck and very heavily dressed.

I said, "One moment please while I help the gentlemen who rang his call button."

She got annoyed.

I made my way back to the aircraft and helped this man out who spilled coffee all over him and his wife. I made my way back to the cold lady.

"I'm cold." "Maam, I think you're the only one cold I really can't adjust the heat for one person." She said, "The lady beside me is cold."

I called the Captain and he was more annoyed than I. He said, "Tell her to put her shoes back on." I cracked up! He did turn the heat up and it got very hot in that airplane. Fortunately, most people were asleep and didn't seem to notice. The rest of the long flight she grunted at me and was not very nice to me. I even went up to make sure she was now warm and she grunted again. I offered her bevarages, coffee and tea. She just wasn't going to be kind to me.

As she left the airplance she grunted again and I wished her a great day and week ahead.

Of course, it was my job and I had to be kind. Yet, it was definitely hard.


Mother Teresa prayer:

People are often unreasonable, irrational, and self-centered. Forgive them anyway.

If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.

If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies. Succeed anyway.

If you are honest and sincere people may deceive you. Be honest and sincere anyway.

What you spend years creating, others could destroy overnight. Create anyway.

If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous. Be happy anyway.

The good you do today, will often be forgotten. Do good anyway.

Give the best you have, and it will never be enough. Give your best anyway.

In the final analysis, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway.
"Mother Teresa Prayer"

No comments: