Popular Posts

3/10/2011

Be Kind Mission Day Twelve-Thursday March 10, 2011

I awoke at 7 am with my husband beside me in Charlotte, North Carolina. I drove him to work and had the truck for the day. We are new in this city and don't know our way around, so it was my job to explore. I love to explore.

I found a Panera Bread with the help of the GPS.

When I walked into Panera, the cashier walked right up to me and said, "Would you like a rewards card?" There was no morning greeting, no hi how are you, just that. End of statment, end of story.

Of course, I was annoyed already.

I hadn't been to a Panera in years and now I know why.

I said, 'No thank you-I'd just like coffee.' "We have great breakfast sandwiches, and we stop serving breakfast in twenty minutes." No thanks was my reply.

I got my coffee and the Hazelnut was running low and at this point everything was annoying. I forgot all about my kindness mission since I had been off work for two days!

Suddenly, I was at Panera for an hour and then another surfing the web.

I ordered lunch-bean soup in a bread bowl. The annoying lady was still there.

After eating, I realized I had mis-placed my car key and began to freak out. Guess who I had to turn to for help?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Uh-can you say 'I' was humbled!

I went up to her nicely and asked with kindness if anyone  had turned in a set of keys. She said no and began to look with deep concern.

She was nice after all.

I found my keys in the bathroom and went back to the lady and thanked her.

I drove around Charlotte for three more hours, and went back to Panera. She was still there. She offered me a 99 cent treat.

I got a cheese danish, and shoved it in my mouth.

What would Mother Teresa do?

-"If you judge people, you have no time to love them"-Mother Teresa

No comments: